Sometimes Easy is Best
Healthy tasty recipes don’t always have to be complicated!
This super simple carrot soup supports your energy, adrenal health, and hormone balance (thanks starchy veggies!), while also being totally yummy for your stomach and eyes.
The best part? You probably have all the ingredients at home, and it only takes minutes to make. Raid the crisper and pantry, and blend yourself up some bright orange cheer; and in addition, carrots are a rich source of potassium, super heart healthy and loaded with potassium (also good for water retention). I like to add dried herbs on top, but you can also add fresh herbs while making the soup- both work great, but adding extra flavor through herbs can be a great way to boost nutrients.
Don’t love carrots? You’re in lucky, you can make this soup with any other type of veggie (practically) that you have sitting on your countertop or in your fridge, so it’s a great way to help reduce food waste, and soups are so great for packing in loads of nutrients.
Simple Carrot Soup
- 2 cups carrots peeled and chopped steamed
- 8 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 oz water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch oregano
- Peel and chop the carrots
- Steam the carrots, until soft
- Add the carrots and liquid to the blender, in addition to the herbs/spices/salt and pepper
- Blend until homogenous, heat on stovetop until warm, or microwave
- Serve and enjoy! (Store in the fridge)