If you know me (and even if you don’t), breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. Breakfast/brunch has traditionally been a challenging meal for me due to many food allergies including gluten, dairy, soy, eggs (in larger quantity); however, with lots of trial and tribulation I have found some great breakfast options including gluten free oatmeal, smoothies, juices, and recently paleo pancakes- and this recipe is one of them!
I’m excited to share one of my quick and easy breakfast recipes with you (using gluten free oats), I hope you enjoy it!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 1 portion
- 1/2/-3/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup water
- 1 small banana (save a few slices for garnish)
- 1/4 cup nuts, whole or slivers (save few for garnish)
- Dash of cinnamon and salt
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon honey
- (optional) 1/4 cup non-dairy milk or regular milk
- Add water and a dash of salt to a medium stock pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the oats and bring the temperature to medium/low- stir every 1-2 minutes.
- After about 10 or so minutes the oats will become more cooked and at this point add the banana (or other fruit you want to add), nuts, cinnamon, and optional non-dairy or low fat milk, then stir thoroughly.
- After 1-2 minutes, remove pot from heat, pour into a bowl, then add banana, extra cinnamon, nuts as garnish, and optional honey.
- Serve and enjoy!