Happy St Patricks Day! I love these festive, spring-like Black, White and Green Cookies! I used almond flour in here to make the cookies and then dipped in my fave dark chocolate for a little sweet treat :). These cookies are gluten and dairy free and a great alternative to other less-healthy treats for the holiday!
Black, White and Green Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes: 24, 2-inch cookie
For the cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour (make almond meal from 2 cups raw almonds)
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane or coconut sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 kale leaf, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (vegan or regular- depending on preference), melted over a double boiler
- Process almonds in a food processor or use 2 cups almond flour or meal.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl- the almond flour with cane or coconut sugar and dash of salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients- kale juice, coconut butter, maple syrup and peppermint oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or fork until homogenous.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and flatten between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter or a bottle top (I used a water bottle top) to cut out cookies.
- Once all cookies have been cut out, place tray (or trays) in oven for 5-7 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly browned.
- Once the cookies are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler and dip one side of each cookie in the melted chocolate then place back onto a parchment paper sheet.
- Allow the cookies to set, then serve or store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy and Happy St. Patties Day!