These cookies are totally worth making!
I call these my creative quarantine cookies… because prior to this I probably would have never used chickpeas as a base for cookies, but now forward I certainly will!
These cookies are loaded with fiber, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, and others. Chickpeas are a nutrient dense food and using them in cookies can help to boost the nutritional content of the cookies (always good thing).
If you want to add nuts, chocolate chips, and other things to these cookies, go ahead! They’re a great snack or even as a breakfast food. You pick.
Enjoy these cookies!
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (coconut, cane sugar)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet
- Process the chickpeas, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor or blender until the batter is smooth
- Add in the sugar, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and blend until the batter is smooth
- Fold in the optional chocolate chips (we didnt include)
- Using a tablespoon make the dough into cookies and flatten gently
- Bake the cookies until the edges start to crack and the top is light brown
- Cool, then serve and enjoy