I love this nut free pesto!
Pesto is a great addition to any meal (in my opinion!)- to fish, to veggies, to a stir fry. Pesto has always been hard for me because its usually got nuts and dairy in it- but not when it’s made from scratch at home.
I paired my pesto with some pasta (rice-based) and for me, some mixed veggies- asparagus, cauliflower, onions. And the next day I reheated many of these items and had them with some shrimp and more veggies (ahem, spiralized carrot noodles– another FAVE!).
Pesto is often a hard sauce (food) for many with allergies- like nut allergies, dairy allergies and other similar allergies because it’s frequently loaded with many of these common allergens. I like to keep my pesto simple and easy and also really like to cook it before eating (I find it tastes better).
Enjoy this tasty nut free pesto!
Nut Free Pesto
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup kale, steamed
- 6-8 leaves basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dash salt (or as much as you like!)
- Dash pepper (or as much as you like!)
- Steam the kale and chop the garlic
- Add ingredients to the blender (I use a Vitamix!)
- Blend (you may have to use a plunger or tool to push the ingredients down to get them blended up) the ingredients until well blended
- Use the pesto as you like! (as raw or cooked- up to you!)