Happy Valentines Day!
We’re talking everything self-care, but we’re also indulging in some GOODIES this week!
When it comes to valentines Day we’re obsessed… with all aspects. With the self care aspect, with the joy that LOVE (of ourselves, and of others) brings, and so much more.
This Valentines Day I also want you to feel good about what you put in your mouth- while still indulging, so I made these special treats for you.
These cookies are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, low sugar (except the topping- which is optional), and MOST of all, SUPER yummy!
Make these cookies for Valentines Day (or any day, actually) and enjoy!
Paleo Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the almond flour and almond in a bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients- and mix together until well mixed
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes OR jump right in - and place a piece of wax paper on the counter- then form the dough into a lump (or a ball)
- Add another sheet of wax paper on top and roll out using a rolling pin until the dough is rolled out thin (about 1/3 or 1/4 inch)- and use your cookie cutter to make shapes, then place onto a parchment paper lined tray. Repeat until all dough has been used up
- Place the tray into the oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool- then frost or decorate with your favorite toppings! We used Simple Mills icing on these cookies - and it's so yummy