Making dinner every night can be kinda boring, so I like easy, gluten free yummy recipes like this one!
This recipe is a spin off of another recipe that I love- Easy Beef Burgers; however, here I used turkey meat instead, and used roasted sweet potato rounds as the buns!
These cute little sliders are always a big hit at parties and gatherings. Add any of your favorite veggies and toppings and make these your own. Serve with a veggie or a salad and you’re good to go.
Enjoy these tasty, gluten-free, paleo, and whole30 friendly sliders!
Mini Turkey Sliders with Sweet Potato Bun
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 8 sliders
For the buns:
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, sliced to 1/4 inch thick (or so)
- 1 sheet parchment paper
For the burgers:
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp tsp avocado oil- 1 tsp for the shallot, 2 for the burgers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 2 tsp herbs de provence
- Dash salt and pepper
For the toppings:
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Your favorite condiments (I used Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Vegan Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Spinach)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash and prepare the sweet potato then lay the slices out on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven and allow to cook for about 15 minutes per side (flip)- total about 30 minutes- don’t add oil otherwise they’ll get soggy!
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a small frying pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Sautee the shallot in the small pan, until golden brown- remove from heat (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the shallot with the rest of the burger ingredients and mix together with hands- then form about 8 patties (they’ll be small!).
- Heat a medium (or two) pans over medium heat, and add the remaining oil.
- Add the burgers to the pans and cook for about 12 minutes- flip half way through- and because this is poultry the burgers should be cooked through.
- Remove the cooked sweet potato slices from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes; mash the avocado and prepare the other toppings for the burgers.
- Remove the cooked burgers from the oven and set up the mini sliders each with 2 sweet potato slices, mashed avocado and your favorite toppings.
- Serve them and enjoy!! They’re so tasty!