I love simple and easy to make recipes- like this simple roasted salmon.
It occurred to me the other day that the foundation of many of the meals are built on simple recipes for protein; many of which I add after making the recipes (the veggie ones at least) that are on this site (and not pictured).
I want to share with you my easy-to-make protein recipes so that you too can enjoy adding a simple, healthy piece of protein to any meal that you make.
Let’s start with my favorite, salmon (FYI – you can use this recipe with pretty much any fish).
Add whatever herbs and spices you like to the top of this, this recipe is simply just the basics.
Simple Roasted Salmon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 lbs salmon (wild preferably, but responsibly farmed is often an easy go-to)
- 2 tsp olive oil (one for each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional herbs/spices to add on top: garlic, sriracha, parsley, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, place the salmon.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper- rub into the salmon with your hands.
- Place the salmon into a pre-heated oven.
- Cook until medium- about 20 minutes (if you like your salmon well cooked, cook for 25-30 minutes).
- Remove the salmon from the oven, serve and enjoy with your favorite veggies or meal.