Who else loves a great afternoon snack?
One of my favorite new recipes! When working 1-1 with clients, or in our new group programs, I’m ALWAYS being asked what I recommend for snack options that are both healthy and delicious. The answer is always the same – whole foods first, healthier packaged foods second! This new roasted garlic cauliflower hummus was so easy to make (just 5 ingredients!) and can last for the whole week if you make a large enough batch. Classic hummus tends to be a little heavy and difficult to digest for some people (especially with GI symptoms), so I created a much lighter version of this using cauliflower as the main ingredient!
What to pair it with? Here are some of our suggestions
- Raw vegetables (carrots, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, etc!)
- Chips (we love Siete Foods tortilla chips!)
- Crackers (we love Simple Mills, Flackers, Mary’s Gone, Ela’s Flats, Wasa GF, and Crunchmaster)
- Spread it over a slice of whole grain or seeded toast (we love GF Food For Life Baking and Meredith’s Bread)
- Add a spoonful to a wrap + add some extra veggies! (we love Siete Food wraps)
- Spread it over a brown rice cake
- Add a spoonful to your salad!
Have you made this recipe? Share with us! We’d love to hear what you think!
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 head cauliflower roasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil use 2 Tbsp to roast
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp manuka honey
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut cauliflower and drizzle with olive oil
- Roast for 40 minutes or until tender
- Remove cauliflower and allow to cool
- Combine in a food processor or blender- all ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Serve with your favorite veggies or crackers
- Garnish with chickpeas and your favorite herbs if you'd like!