Healthy comfort food entrees are cozy and perfect for a chilly fall or winter evening. Fried rice is a classic favorite, but the traditional version is loaded with salt, carbs and a whole bunch of stuff that just isn’t so good for you. This paleo veggie cauliflower rice version of the classic fried rice is healthier, and tastes just as good (if not better!).
Like most of my other recipes that also allow for you to make the recipe your own, you can add any veggie you want here and really customize it to include your favorites. Enjoy this recipe!
Paleo Veggie Cauliflower Rice
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4-6 portions
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 2 heads cauliflower, riced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup coconut amigos
- Salt and pepper to taste if needed
- Optional- 2-3 oz pulled chicken for garnish
- Wash and prepare all the ingredients (if you aren’t sure how to rice the cauliflower you can use a cheese grater or use a food processor and pulse until rice consistency).
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat, and add the coconut oil- allow to melt for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the onion, scallions and carrots to the stock pot and cook until soft- 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the ginger and garlic powders, as well as the cauliflower, pepper and asparagus and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring together every few minutes or so.
- Add the coconut aminos and scrambled eggs and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is warm, well mixed and cooked, add optional chicken (or skip it), then serve and enjoy!
For more entrees, click here!