Nut Free Vegan Pumpkin Brownies, YUM!
These brownies are another really simple recipe that I stumbled upon while looking for something sweet in my kitchen. The brownies are super fluffy, light and delicious, and best of all, easy to make.
You can add extra flaxseed, coconut shreds, and or anything else you like to these too for some extra flavor. Most of all, know that you can eat these as a feel-good snack at any time of day.
If you want a slightly thicker consistency you can add a few Tbsp of nut butter as well.
Nut Free Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 12 skinny brownies (1-2″) or 6 thicker brownies (2-3″)
- 1/2 cup 100% dark chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp eating evolved pumpkin coconut butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 can (16 oz) unsweetened pureed pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate and the pumpkin butter (I use the microwave!).
- In a blender, combine the dark chocolate, the pumpkin butter, the dates, cocoa powder and the pumpkin puree.
- Blend until smooth.
- Gently spray a glass baking dish (8 x 8 is what we used) with avocado oil spray like this.
- Spread out the batter into the baking dish and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a toothpick or a fork dip into the brownies and make sure that the toothpick or the fork doesn’t come out too gooey… if so, let it bake, checking at 5 minute intervals until the fork comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool, then cut.
- Store in the fridge, and serve and enjoy!