Maple Brussels Sprouts Salad
This seasonal delicious dish is loaded with fiber, antioxidans and loads of nutrients.
- 5-6 cups brussels sprouts, cut in half with stems removed (~32 oz if using bagged kind)
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup pecans (whole or pieces will work)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or cranberries
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Dash cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss sliced brussels sprouts with 1 Tbsp oil + 1 Tbsp maple syrup in a large bowl.
Spread onto baking sheet with cut side down, and season with sea salt. Roast for 20-25 mins, or until slightly browned and crispy.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for ~5 mins.
Return to the large bowl and mix in the pecans & pomegranate seeds or cranberries.
Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp of maple syrup and sprinkle with optional cinnamon if desired.
Toss well. Enjoy! This dish can be served warm or cool.