Another easy peasy recipe, just in time for your weekend!
Starting your weekend in a simple way is of utmost importance here, so we like to keep dinner that way too. I find that when there’s less stress involved in the dinner prep process, everything feels easier. And what’s even better? Having leftovers.
To start the weekend we made SIMPLE turkey meatballs, with fresh, roasted, local mushrooms, and steamed broccoli. This meal is more of a simple assembly of some easy recipes, but I decided to make it it’s own entree so you could replicate!
The beauty of local produce is that it tastes SO MUCH FRESHER! Wow. These mushrooms we picked up at a farmers market in New Jersey and wow are they good.
OK, so let’s get started here!
Turkey meatballs with roasted mushrooms and steamed broccoli
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 lbs organic ground turkey meat
- Salt, pepper, oregano and dill to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
- Avocado oil spray for the pan
- Avocado oil (about 1-2 tsp)
- 2 cups mushrooms (we used maitake and cremini)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads broccoli
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and spray the pan with the avocado oil spray (also, turn your oven on to broil!).
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the turkey ingredients – and with hands, form into meat balls (about 2″ in diameter).
- Once the ‘balls are made and the pan is hot, place into the pan and cook for about 10-12 minutes total- flipping in the middle and ensuring they’re cooked through.
- While the ‘balls are cooking, place the mushrooms (washed and trimmed) into a glass baking dish, drizzle with the avocado oil, salt and pepper and mix with your hands- then place into the oven.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Set up your steamer and steam the broccoli – until JUST slightly cooked- then remove, drain and prepare for serving.
- Once the ‘balls are cooked, the mushrooms cooked and the broccoli steamed- serve and enjoy!