Salads are my favorite food group…
However, sometimes it gets boring to always have a salad sitting on a bunch of leaves.So to mix it up, I used my spiralizer (a knife is fine too) to slice thin this cucumber really thin and noodley to make this cucumber tomato salad. Actually, to be truthful, my father who was my sous-chef on the night this salad was made put a cucumber through the spiralizer instead of a zucchini, and voila- the salad was born!
I love this salad because it’s refreshing and light and you can have on its own or as part of any meal. You can also add any other veggie or herb or spice to this salad to make it your own!
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 cucumber, spiralized (or use a knife to cut thin ribbons if you don’t have a spiralizer)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- (optional) ½ red onion, sliced thin
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare ingredients- spiralize or slice the cucumber thin and half the tomatoes- then place into a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over cucumber and tomato salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want more salads? Click here!