WHO DOESN’T LOVE AN EASY SALAD?
Something about summer makes me crave simple, light, and easy dishes!
This chickpea salad is a great recipe to add to your rotation and a great spin-off of your typical egg, chicken, or tuna salad. Not only is this recipe delicious and refreshing, but it is packed with plant-based protein, veggies, seasonings, and flavor!
This chickpea salad is allergen- friendly being gluten, dairy, soy, and nut-free plus vegan. Feel free to add your own adjustments too if there’s a way that it will work for you even better – I think avocado would be a nice addition!
- 2 can chickpeas
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- ½ red onion chopped
- 3-4 sticks celergy chopped
- 4-5 carrots chopped
- ½ cup dill (fresh) chopped
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce ( I used yellowbird serrano)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 juice of lemon
- ground pepper to tate
- 1 tortilla (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground mustard (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- Strain and wash chickpeas
- Peel and chop onion
- Peel and chop carrots
- Chop celery
- Chop dill
- Add chickpeas, avocado, and lemon juice to a large bowl and mash – leaving some chunks
- Fold in the onion, celery, carrot, and dill
- Add salt, pepper, and hotsauce. Mix well
- Option to serve on gluten-free tortilla with stone ground mustard and lettuce