It’s summertime, and there’s nothing better than a great dip for parties, gatherings, or even your basic lunch.
This simple guacamole recipe is a sure crowd-pleaser and can be adapted to meet your taste buds, and can also be served with a variety of different chips and/or vegetables. And not only is this guacamole tasty, but it’s also good for you due to the anti-inflammatory fat in avocados and added nutrients like vitamins A and C in the peppers and tomatoes that can also help to protect skin from UV rays.
To mix it up, add more spicy flavor like cayenne, additional herbs and spices or lemon/lime for a slightly different flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3-4 servings
- 2 avocados
- 2 Tbsp sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped bell pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Dash salt, pepper, cayenne
- (optional) – serve with your favorite veggies – carrots, peppers etc
1. Wash and prepare the ingredients- remove avocado skin and pit, slice and chop tomatoes and bell pepper, half the lime, and lay out herbs and spices.
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl.
3. Mix ingredients together with a fork until well mixed (note- the mixture will be lumpy).
4. Serve the guacamole with your favorite veggies or chips.