Ooh I love fall, and ooh I love these blondies!
Truthfully I made these for dessert, but frankly you can eat them ANYTIME you like!
These are nut free, grain free, dairy free (aka vegan!) and I used some protein powder to add some richness and extra protein (always a good thing!). I used this Orgain plant based protein, but you can also use this Garden of Life protein powder too!
Feel free to add any extra goodies in there that you like- these blondies are SO GOOD!
Enjoy these yummy treats! If you make them we’d love to see what you make, and how they turned out- please send us a note with a pic!
Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
- 1 15 oz box chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 scoops plant based protein (30 grams or so)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 glass dish
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor (or strong blender- I used a vitamix) - except the chocolate chips- blend until smooth
- Pour batter into dish and flatten using a spatula
- Bake for 40 minutes or until they aren’t goopy (it took me 40-45 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, before eating! Or put on your other breakfast items!
- Store in fridge (I think it keeps them better!)