I LOVE sweet potatoes.
They are a source of vitamin A, potassium, fiber, B vitamins, and more! I roast them in the oven, make my own sweet potato fries, bake them, steam then freeze them for smoothies, etc. So, when I started seeing posts on social media I knew I had to give this sweet potato toast a try. I was hesitant at first, thinking it would be time consuming and difficult to prepare, but to my surprise it was so simple and easy.
Although these sweet potato toasts might look elaborate, they take under 10 minutes to make and taste just as good as they look. I can pretty much guarantee it! As for toppings, pretty much anything goes. Whatever you would normally put on regular toast you can put on sweet potato toast! I tested these out on my mother who is gluten free and she confirmed that sweet potato is WAY better than any gluten free toast options you will find! But don’t just take our word for it, try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Sweet Potato Toast: 3 Ways
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 4-6 slices (depending on the size of the potato)
1 medium sweet potato, sliced into 1/2″ thick slices
Peanut butter and berry: (per slice)
- 1-2 tsp peanut butter (divided between the slices)
- 1 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp low sugar granola
- 4-6 blackberries (or other berries)
Mashed avocado, pumpkin seeds & pomegranate: (per slice)
- 1/3 avocado, mashed (with fork)
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
Garlic hummus, cherry tomatoes & red pepper flakes: (per slice)
- 1 Tbsp hummus (garlic or other flavor as you wish!)
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes (as little or as much as you like!)
1. Rinse and dry 1 large sweet potato and cut into about 1/4 inch thick slices
2. Place slices in toaster for about 5 minutes on high or until sweet potato is cooked through
3. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!! (Hint: My sweet potato made 6 slices, so I stored the rest in an airtight container in the fridge. Use the rest within one week)
Want more recipes like this? Click here!