I love nachos… but usually nacho ingredients don’t like me so much!
So I made this easy peasy recipe just in time for the super bowl tomorrow night to help all you gluten, dairy, grain-free friends out there who are looking for some gametime nachos.
I’ve seen similar recipes made with sweet potatoes instead of carrots, and I’ve also seen this similar recipe made with grain free chips (I will do this exact same recipe with grain free chips too). Add your favorite toppings and voila you’re done!
Easy Carrot Nachos
- 1 spray coconut oil
- 10 carrots, peeled and chopped (I did so in a diagonal)
- 1 cup kale (raw, but you can also gently steam beforehand as well)
- 1/2 cup sautéed ground turkey (I did this beforehand as well- simply with olive oil and onion)
- 5-6 Tbsp dairy free cheese (we used SO DELICIOUS Cheddar Jack)
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray the pan with coconut oil
- Prepare the carrots and lay them on the pan
- Prepare the kale and turkey- and sprinkle on top of the carrots
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, along with the salt and pepper
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted- the carrots will still be crunchy