I love a really fresh smoothie that doesn’t leave you feeling full, tired or bloated. So, today I decided to make this green veggie smoothie- it’s super refreshing and I made it instead of making a juice loaded with vegetables (like I usually do!). This smoothie is light, hydrating and is a great way to power-pack your afternoon with nutrients and fiber to help you feel fuller for longer.
This smoothie is also a good source of many nutrients, including:
- Vitamin C: Kiwi, leafy greens, lemon
- Folate: Greens
- Potassium: All of the vegetables and fruits
- Quercitin: Pear skin
- Gingerol: Ginger
- Monounsaturated fats: Avocado
- Vitamin K: Leafy greens
Enjoy this spring-like smoothie! If you wanted to put this recipe through the juicer just remember to remove the avocado- it’ll get stuck!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 16-20 oz (500 mL)
- 1 small pear, cored
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ¼ avocado
- 1-inch ginger, peeled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 handful spinach
- 4 oz water (can be replaced for unsweetened, plain coconut water)
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well blended.
- Serve and enjoy!