I absolutely love this THICK delicious smoothie!
This smoothie is loaded with brain and mood-healthy ingredients. I often make this recipe first thing in the morning and have it throughout the day.
What makes this smoothie so brain and mood-healthy is that it’s a rich source of folate (thanks to the blackberries and greens), and a source of brain healthy fat (hemp milk, chia seeds), and of course we love to use protein in our smoothies (used here is Garden of Life – available in our shop or linked right here), and we also love to use prebiotic fibers (used here is Uplift Foods prebiotic fiber powder- we can have it ordered for you if you want some!). This smoothie helps me power through my morning and it can help you do the same (and i’ll usually save the rest for later, too).
Blackberry Good Mood Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 servings (about 8-12 oz each)
- 1 cup frozen black berries
- 1/4 banana (optional)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Uplift Foods prebiotic fiber
- 1 scoop plant based protein
- 8-10 oz hemp milk (you can use almond milk if you prefer)
- Wash and prepare all ingredients.
- Add ingredients to the blender and blend on medium-high for 45-60 seconds- or until well blended together.
- Serve and enjoy! (I like this smoothie kinda thick, but you may like it another way!)