I’m totally not going to tell you to give up coffee.
But, I have found that many of us drink too much of it. And like anything else, too much of a good thing, is no longer a good thing!
So, whether this is replacing your second cup of coffee or your coffee habit altogether, I love these elixirs and they’re easy to make too. You can omit any part of this ingredient list (except the elixir itself)- for example I don’t routinely use the creamer, but sometimes I like to. And I don’t routinely use the sweetener, but sometimes I like to do that too.
Mushrooms- like Reishii, Lions Mane, Cordyceps- they contain adaptogenic compounds (more on this later!) that help our bodies to cope better with stress and can also help to reduce our cortisol levels.
I find that many people love to jump on and off of the health-trend bandwagon and sometimes aren’t gentle with their bodies when they do so- as too much can be too much. So be gentle when adding and trying some of these new things. Start with adding just once a day, vs adding as many as you can possibly fit in; be gentle with your body, it’ll do a lot better for you!
Regardless of how you use this- enjoy it, I do!
Isabel’s Simple Morning Elixir Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- Four sigmatic mushroom elixir packet: You can BUY HERE
- Dash of turmeric
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer – OR dash of hemp milk (unsweetened vanilla)
- Sweetener- use a touch (1/2 tsp) of your favorite one (we love organic cane sugar, honey or maple syrup)
1. Boil the water.
2. Add the powder to the bottom of the coffee cup or mug- and add 8 oz of boiling water.
3. Mix in the other ingredients.
4. Serve and enjoy!