I really love pasta. As a kid pasta was my favorite food.
This is pretty close, although not totally on target… it’s not far off. In fact, I feel like it’s the best version of the “alternatives.” For me, zucchini noodles are too wet, and gluten free pasta is too heavy, so I like to use this spaghetti squash instead of pasta for all possible pasta dishes.
As a kid, plain pasta with oil and/or butter and cheese was a total fave (always had a stomach ache afterward, I wonder why!), so to replicate it I’ve created a similar (yet a little easier to digest) dish that anyone with allergies to various common allergens (nuts, dairy, gluten, nightshades, tomatoes etc).
Try this delish dish with your favorite topping, side or cheese if you wish!
Simple Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Herbs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 45-55 minutes
Makes: 4-5 portions
- Avocado oil spray or 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle dill
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with avocado oil (or avocado oil spread out across the baking sheet).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Lay the halves face down on the cookie sheet and place into the oven.
- Let the squash bake for 30-40 minutes until the tops of the squash are soft.
- Remove the baking sheet with the squash from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the squashes with a fork.
- And add the “spaghetti” to a medium sized skillet heating over low heat on the stovetop (spray with avocado oil again).
- Stir occasionally- adding the salt and pepper and dill.
- Serve into dishes for consuming, then sprinkle the chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy!