Love mashed potatoes? You’ll probably love these (I hope!).
I first tried these in Paris, and at first I was TOTALLY weirded out about them, but when I tried them, it was love at first bite. Here’s how the story went… I was in Paris and was asking for some veggies. I was denied “veggies” but was offered this mash (or something like it), so I went with it! And YUM!
So much yum that I recently had these made for my birthday dinner because they’re just so incredibly delicious.
Anyway, you can pretty much mash any vegetable into what looks and feels like a mashed potato, including this broccoli. What I love even more is that if you want to add cheese to make these a little cheesy, you can. I kept them super super simple.
Make this as a side for an upcoming holiday gathering, or for a simple dinner on the sofa- however you please.
Simple Broccoli Mash
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets steamed first
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped and mashed
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Wash and chop the broccoli, and peel and chop the garlic.
- Steam the broccoli until cooked and soft (about 5-7 minutes), set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tsp olive oil- heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook until golden brown- about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, olive oil (remaining), salt and pepper to a blender or vitamix (like we did)- and blend until fully mixed (about 1 minute).
- Add an extra pinch of salt, then serve and enjoy.