I’m obsessed with this spinach.
On our most recent trip to Italy I must have eaten 15+ plates of spinach (yes, LOL)… not because it’s a “good for you” food, but because I was obsessed with how it tasted and how it was cooked.
I’m still working on perfecting this recipe but it’s not far from there, so I wanted to share it with you, it’s just so yummy, and as you may know, spinach is a superfood, loaded with so many good-for-you nutrients!
The key to this recipe here is boiling the spinach (I know, not ideal, and for other recipes I wouldn’t do this, but for this recipe to keep it authentic, that’s part of the cooking process!). Also, the second part of this recipe that’s super key is the LOADS of garlic!
Italian Inspired Spinach
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 lb spinach- steamed or boiled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Boil the spinach for 1.5 minutes (90 seconds). Set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat until hot (about 1 minute).
- Add the olive oil, and the crushed garlic.
- Allow the garlic and oil to heat and slightly brown.
- Next, add the boiled spinach to the pan and sauté with the oil and garlic.
- Add dashes of salt and pepper to the spinach for flavor (honestly, the more the better!).
- Serve and enjoy!
Want more recipes like this? Click here!