WHO DOESN’T LOVE A GOOD SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE?
There is something about shrimp scampi that is comforting. Especially when it’s re-written a little bit, makes my body feel good, and I can still enjoy making it in 30 minutes or less (DREAM recipe right there!)… which is exactly what I did with this recipe.
Traditionally shrimp scampi is made with garlic, butter, white wine, and lemon – and served with pasta noodles like linguine. I love comforting dishes like this; however, when I had frequent stomach aches, I realized it wasn’t working for me. Now I’m working on getting fewer of them, which means I need to re-work many of my recipes so they work for me.
When I was searching for a tasty meal and decided I wanted shrimp scampi, this was the dish I was going to make. Even to my surprise this recipe was super easy and turned out WAY BETTER than even I could have guessed. So I want to share with you guys so that you too can make it.
This shrimp zoodles scampi is allergy friendly, and friendly for many of you with sensitivities. Feel free to add your own adjustments too if there’s a way that it will work for you even better (even if you just add more veggies than I did!).
This is my fresh take on shrimp scampi that uses pure avocado oil spray and the natural juices from the tomatoes to create a killer sauce. Once the shrimp are almost finished cooking, you add the spiralized zucchini noodles and cook until soft.
This easy dish can be made with any noodles, up to you- but I chose zucchini because they cook quickly don’t get mushy (no one in my house likes mushy noodles!).
Shrimp Zoodles Scampi
- pure avocado oil spray
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 zuchinni spiralized
- olive oil
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with avocado oil
- Add 1 clove of chopped garlic, allow to heat
- Next add the cherry tomatoes – allow to get warm and soft, a few minutes
- Add the shrimp to the pan, and continue to cook on low-medium heat – flipping every few minutes to make sure we heat on all sides
- While the shrimp are cooking, spiralize the zucchini noodles
- Place spiralized zucchini in the pan with the shrimp, add extra garlic and allow to cook altogether, stirring every few minutes until zoodles are soft
- Once the zoodles are soft, serve and enjoy! Add extra salt and pepper and a dash of good quality olive oil on top for flavor