WHO DOESN’T LOVE A GOOD SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE?
There is something about shrimp scampi that is comforting. Especially when it’s re-written a little bit, makes my body feel good, and I can still enjoy making it in 30 minutes or less (DREAM recipe right there!)… which is exactly what I did with this recipe.
Traditionally shrimp scampi is made with garlic, butter, white wine, and lemon – and served with pasta noodles like linguine. I love comforting dishes like this; however, when I had frequent stomach aches, I realized it wasn’t working for me. Now I’m working on getting fewer of them, which means I need to re-work many of my recipes so they work for me.
When I was searching for a tasty meal and decided I wanted shrimp scampi, this was the dish I was going to make. Even to my surprise this recipe was super easy and turned out WAY BETTER than even I could have guessed. So I want to share with you guys so that you too can make it.
This shrimp zoodles scampi is allergy-friendly, and friendly for many of you with sensitivities. Feel free to add your own adjustments too if there’s a way that it will work for you even better (even if you just add more veggies than I did!).
This is my fresh take on shrimp scampi that uses pure avocado oil spray and the natural juices from the tomatoes to create a killer sauce. Once the shrimp are almost finished cooking, add the spiralized zucchini noodles and cook until soft.
This easy dish can be made with any noodles, up to you- but I chose zucchini because they cook quickly and are light!
Shrimp Zoodles Scampi
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 zucchini spiralized
- pure avocado spray
- olive oil
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with avocado oil
- Add 1 clove of chopped garlic, allow to heat
- Next add the cherry tomatoes - allow to get warm and soft, a few minutes
- Add the shrimp to the plan, and continue to cook on low-medium heat - flipping every few minutes to make sure we heat on all sides
- While the shrimp are cooking, spiralize the zucchini noodles
- Place spirazlied zucchini in the plan with the shrimp, add extra garlic and allow to cook altogether, stirring every few minutes until zoodles are soft
- Once the zoodles are soft, serve and enjoy! Add extra salt and pepper and a dash of good quality olive oil on top for flavor.