Bowls are our FAVORITE vessel to eat out of! I mean, they do everything a plate does- just better. Breakfast bowls aren’t just limited to oatmeal! While some of us prefer to start the morning off sweet, its nice to change it up with hearty veggies and healthy fats.
If you want to begin your day eating clean, then our Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl created by our wonderful intern, Kathleen, is the perfect recipe for you.
It’s full of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and greens, which keep you full throughout the day. Eggs and avocados are my two favorite super foods that offer a TON of health benefits, and pair perfectly together. The spinach and sweet potato balance out the dish, making a well-rounded nourishing meal. One pro-tip for people short on time especially in the morning is to prep your potatoes the night before, making the total time to cook A LOT shorter!
Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 1 Serving
- ½-¾ cup roasted sweet potato
- ½ medium size avocado
- 2 organic eggs
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (Optional)
Roasted sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Peel and dice one large sweet potato
- Toss in olive oil, paprika, cumin, and roasted red pepper flakes
- Cook until soft enough to poke a fork all the way through the middle (about 15 min)
- Let them cool
In the bowl:
- Add avocado and sweet potatoes to the bowl
- Cook the eggs any way you like (poached, scrambled, over easy, etc)
- Top the eggs off with Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning and add to your bowl
- Sauté 2 large handfuls of spinach, make sure you don’t sauté for longer than 3 minutes, add the cooked spinach to your bowl
Want more breakfast recipes? Click here!