We love powerful meals,
especially those that are powerful due to their awesome source of vitamins and minerals- like this yummy salad bowl. I made this powerful power bowl salad for Paul on a day when I didn’t have a whole lot of food in the house, and it was a REAL winner. Alone some of these ingredients can feel boring, but together they pack a powerful punch.
This salad bowl has a base of kale and spinach, and is topped with yellow carrots, avocado, black beans, sweet potato, red cabbage and some sun-dried tomatoes. This bowl is a great source of brain-healthy nutrients like folate, b vitamins, iron and potassium. This bowl is also super easy to make and modify. Add your favorite protein on top to make it a really complete meal (though it’s pretty awesome as it is!). If you’re able, please try to make the ingredients of this salad organic!
Spring Power Bowl Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed, ripped into smaller pieces
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 yellow (or any color) carrot, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup black beans, washed and drained
- 1/3 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 small sweet potato (about 1/2 cup), cubed (I cooked this one in the microwave :))
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare the ingredients of the salad and assemble in the serving dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients of the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix together.
- Serve and enjoy!