Fresh salads with texture are one of my favorite things to make. The combination of kale, apple, cashews, and carrots give this salad recipe a perfect healthy crunch. Beyond the satisfying crunch, you’ll enjoy tons of nutrients including A, C, E and K vitamins, electrolytes, and even protein thanks to the cashews and quinoa.
Feel free to add different herbs and spices, nuts and vegetables like butternut squash to enhance the flavor and, of course, the texture.
Kale, Quinoa, and Cashew Salad
Prep time: 5 minutes; cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch of lacinato/dinosaur kale (Tuscan cabbage)
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 3 Tbsp. cashews
- 2 carrots
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
1. Wash all produce well.
2. Remove kale leaves from stems and tear into bite-sized pieces.
3. Remove core from apple, peel carrots, and dice both into small pieces.
4. Cut avocado into cubes.
5. Add all dry ingredients into large bowl.
6. In a smaller bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
7. Add dressing over the salad mixture and toss well until evenly coated.
8. Serve and enjoy!