Sunday night dinner and this is what I’m serving, yum! There is nothing better than a delicious kale salad- especially one that’s chopped.
I was seriously frustrated with the labor-intensive task of chopping kale and couldn’t figure out how to make it taste like I had purchased it at a restaurant- so I went ahead and gave the food processor a try with the kale, and it was a major success!! I will definitely be using the food processor again in the future for all kale chopping purposes. If you don’t have a food processor, not to worry go ahead and chop it- it works just as well!
Enjoy this salad with your favorite protein for a complete meal!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15-20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
For the salad:
- 2 bunches kale, washed and stems/ribs removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, slivered or chopped almonds
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese (organic)
- (optional) 1 avocado, sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs and spices (basil, parsley, etc)
- Chop the kale using a food processor or a knife (if using the food processor, pulse until the kale is well chopped) then put the chopped kale into a salad bowl.
- Add the nuts and cranberries to the salad.
- Prepare the salad dressing in a small bowl; combine the olive oil and lemon along with herbs and spices then mix vigorously using a fork or whisk.
- Dress the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!