A roasted carrot and avocado salad that you can enjoy either cool or warm!
Lately I’ve been totally obsessed with roasted carrots- on everything. They’ve shown up as a means for dipping hummus, in salads, and even on their own- I just love them. Carrots often get a bad wrap for having so “too much sugar”- but frankly, there’s many other things in most of our diets that have plenty more sugar and less than half of the nutritional value. So, I think they’re pretty great. The avocado in this salad is also filling and loaded with healthy fat and the carrots (you already know that I think they’re awesome) are loaded with eye-healthy nutrients like vitamins A and C as well as beta carotene.
Enjoy this delicious salad!
Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 avocado, cut up into cubes
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, chop and prepare carrots and place onto the baking sheet.
- Pour olive oil, salt and pepper over the carrots and mix gently with your hands.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are soft and lightly browned (stir about every 10 minutes).
- Remove tray from oven and allow carrots to cool slightly.
- Place carrots into bowl and add avocado to dish, then sprinkle a touch more salt and pepper for flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!