Don’t you love a great smoothie? I do! This raspberry chocolate smoothie is packed with nutrients, and it’s filling and tasty too.
This smoothie has cocoa powder (minimally processed) that is packed with heart and brain-healthy nutrients like flavonoids- new research also suggests that the nutrients in cocoa/chocolate may help to reduce age-related memory loss.
This smoothie also contains, a source of potassium; potassium is a key electrolyte that can help promote healthy blood pressure. Bananas are also a source of probiotics that can help to fuel our healthy gut bacteria because they need food too.
Try this smoothie as a replacement for a meal or as a snack or for post-workout recovery.
Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 1 serving, 16-20 oz
- 1/2 banana
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 Tbsp almond or cashew nut butter
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 10 oz Unsweetened almond, hemp or coconut milk
- (Optional) 1 scoop or serving plant-based protein like sprouted rice, pea or hemp protein- I use Sunfood Unflavored Sprouted Rice Protein; you can also add unflavored and minimally processed whey protein
- Wash and prepare ingredients
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until smoothie is well mixed
- Serve and enjoy!