Sunday morning means relaxing, with a delicious breakfast and a cup of (herbal for me) tea. This Sunday morning I decided to make a new recipe for gluten and dairy free pancakes; I wanted to make a recipe that is delicious and fairly low in carbs, but a source of balanced protein and fat- and voila these quinoa chia pancakes were whipped up!
I had these pancakes with blueberries and pure Vermont maple syrup (no fake stuff, ever!)- but you can enjoy these with whatever toppings you prefer!
Quinoa Chia Pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 10-12, 4-5″ pancakes
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup almond milk or water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Dash salt
- (For pan) mist of avocado oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and combine using whisk or immersion (hand-held) blender until mixture is homogenous.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and mist the pan with avocado or other high smoke point oil- 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 4-5″ rounds and cook on each side- about 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!