Fall is in the air, which means PUMPKINS!
I love pumpkin treats in the fall – but nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie. This recipe takes those two amazing things and combines into a delicious dessert or afternoon treat. These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are also dairy and gluten free! Kick off the season and enjoy the best flavors of the Fall.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Tigernut flour
- 3 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup Dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter (I do it together in a little bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, pumpkin, tiger nut flour, coconut, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin pie spice, and melted coconut oil and almond butter- mix together until a dough forms (if the dough is too wet add a little more coconut).
- Fold in the chocolate chips until homogenous (or so).
- Form the cookies into balls (or blobs) using a tablespoon.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool and then serve and enjoy!