I love a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe – especially when it’s so delicious that you want to save the leftovers and have them the next day for lunch. This easy pesto salmon with roasted vegetables was exactly that- easy, delicious and made enough to save for the next day (as long as you make enough extra!).
This dish is so flavorful and is well-balanced as well. It’s a great meal to make for a gathering or on a quiet weeknight. To mix this dish up try making different vegetables instead of those that I used in this recipe (like bell peppers, or make a simple green salad to go along with the salmon/veggies!).
Enjoy this delicious and fresh dish!
Easy pesto salmon and roasted vegetables
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45-60 minutes
Makes: 3-4 servings
For the salmon:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb wild salmon
- Dash salt and pepper
For the veggies:
- 1 lb fingerling or small round potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus (15-20 count), bottoms of stalks removed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Coarse sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and prepare the potatoes then place them onto baking pan and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt; place into the oven and cook for total 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare the asparagus.
- Lay the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then add a dash of salt and pepper- set aside.
- Next, wash and chop the basil, tarragon and garlic and once finely chopped add to a small mixing dish and add 1 Tbsp olive oil and juice of 1/2 lemon along with a dash of salt and pepper- whisk together then set aside.
- After the potatoes have been in the oven for about 15 minutes or so, remove them from oven and toss in the pan then place back in the oven. At this time you can also place the asparagus into the oven alongside the potatoes.
- Begin to prepare the salmon by placing it in a baking dish and spread the herb blend on top- spread with a spoon or fork then set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven after a total of 25 minutes, then toss with juice of 1/2 lemon and dash of salt, place back into the oven; place the salmon into the oven at this time too and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the salmon, potatoes and asparagus (they will have been in the oven for about 20-25 minutes and should be cooked).
- Garnish the salmon and vegetables with a pinch salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!