Who loves pizza?! Me!… However most pizza I don’t find that I can eat (due to a gluten and dairy allergy!)- and also I find often that the pizza I eat makes me feel guilty. So I wanted to make this paleo cauliflower pizza with sausage and spinach as a new twist on an older pizza recipe that I had. I love my other cauliflower crust pizza recipe, but I wanted to see if I could switch up the recipe just a little bit to make it even tastier, and voila! I found a solution!
You can add whatever ingredients you like to this pizza- I chose to keep it light and mostly veggie!
Enjoy this delicious paleo, gluten and dairy-free pizza!
Paleo Cauliflower Pizza with Sausage and Spinach
Prep time: 10 miuntes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
Makes: 2 pizzas
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Herbs and spices of your choice: I used a mix of rosemary, dill, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sautéed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sauteed
- 4 organic chicken sausages, sliced and sauteed
- 3 handfuls spinach (per pizza)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, rice the cauliflower.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a pyrex dish and microwave for 2-3 minutes- then drain off extra fluid.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the riced cauliflower with the other ingredients- egg, coconut flour, chia seeds, herbs and spices- and mix with a spoon or until well combined.
- Spread the dough onto the baking dishes and spread until about 1/2″ thick.
- Place the pizzas in the oven – and bake for ~30-35 minutes or until the crust is lighty browned (prepare the toppings in the meantime).
- After 30-35 minutes, add the toppings to the pizzas- and continue to bake for another 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving!