YUM! I’m always looking for and trying to develop delicious cookie recipes and I must say, this batch of paleo double chocolate cookies came out so great. These cookies are light and fluffy, and unlike other similar cookies they’re lower in sugar, carbs and calories too.
Another key thing about these cookies- they’re tasty and they’re also somewhat “good” for you too. Flavonoids, found in the cocoa in this recipe has proven to be good for both the heart and the brain too, so you can feel good about eating them!
Try making these cookies for your next special occasion or even for a delicious part of a meal or snack.
Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chocolate chips- mix ingredients together well.
- Once all other ingredients are mixed together well, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, make 2″ balls of batter and flatten slightly when placing onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes- they will be soft when you remove from oven.
- Allow to cool before serving (because they can be crumbly if you do not wait!).
- Serve and enjoy!
Want more desserts? Try a few of my other favorites: