Hello oatmeal! I love you.
I have been eating oatmeal for years. And as I’ve gone along my recipe has seriously changed (and frequently still changes around quite a bit!).
When it comes to making a great bowl of oatmeal, here’s a few key ingredients:
- Gluten free oats (all oats are gluten free but when GF certified they’re free-er of more added contaminants… lately all oats are sprouted (extra protein, and less lectin!)
- Nut butter- this can be peanut, cashew, almond– any nut you can imagine! In this recipe, cashew nut butter
- A fruit- is always present in the mix. This time it’s some strawberry and banana
- A protein (sometimes)- add in a plant based protein powder- like a hemp or rice protein – or even a grass-fed whey
- A sweetener- never fake, always real. My go-to’s are usually regular sugar (I use less of it), coconut sugar (same thing here), or honey/ maple syrup (which is harder for me to use as little of)
This easy recipe is one of my faves. Give it a try, and change it up to make it how you want it!
Cashew Butter and Strawberry Sprouted Oatmeal Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 2/3 cup sprouted oats (prepare as on the label)- I use One Degree Organics sprouted oats
- 1/2 banana (divided)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped (divided)
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter (divided)
- 1 Tbsp coconut shreds (divided)
- 1 Tbsp coconut or regular sugar or honey- divided
- Prepare oatmeal as on label of the oats- I will usually pour boiling water over each serving – sometimes I’ll microwave, and sometimes I’ll make on stovetop- depending on the day!
- Divvy the oatmeal into the serving bowls.
- Add the ingredients on top – banana, strawberries, nut butter etc.
- Serve with your fave side of protein (I usually have turkey/chicken or something like that!).