I love to make macaroons… especially when they are delicious, gluten and dairy free, and easy to make! (I’ll be the first to admit I’m a much better cook than baker, so these easy macaroons made me a very happy nutritionist!)
The coconut in these macaroons was entirely unsweetened so I chose to use honey to add a little sweetness (you always want to add your own sweetness, so that you are in control of how much you’re adding- it’s always a good idea).
Enjoy these yummy treats! You can even dip them in melted dark chocolate to make them extra decadent.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25-30 minutes
- Makes: 10-12 cookies
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 7 Tbsp almond meal
- 1-2-1 teaspoons vanilla (depending on how much flavor you want it to have)
- 3-4 Tbsp honey
- Dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and let the machine run until the mixture has begun to stick together (less of a dusty texture).
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop cookies out and place on lined baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven for 7-10 minutes (be careful not to over-cook or the cookies get dry).