We love us some Pina Colada over here at ISN, however, they’re a total calorie bomb. But we should all be able to enjoy National Pina Colada Day #guiltfree, right? I think so!
Pina Colada’s are a totally classic summer drink, loaded with calories and sugar. So I created this yummy (and lighter) version just for you- free of pre-made mixes and other things not-so-good-for-you.This take on your favorite blended summer drink helps to lighten up the calories and sugar, while helping to pack some nutritional punch and great taste.
Not only is this version of the classic Pina Colada just a little healthier, but in fact it’s packing some serious nutritional punch too- it’s a source of healthy vitamin C that’s both an antioxidant and also a nutrient that helps to promote skin and immune health; and coconut (yes, we still love coconut!) is a source of healthy and satisfying fat.
Light Strawberry Pina Colada
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 5-10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings (8-10 oz 250 ml each) or 1 serving (16-20 oz, 500 ml)
- ½ cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 handful strawberries (4-6), tops removed
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds or coconut meat
- 8-10 unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1-2 oz white rum or liquor of your choice
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Serve in your favorite glass with your favorite garnish and enjoy!