This green beet juice is not only beautiful, but is also loaded with nutrients and electrolytes (great for hydration and for your muscles).
The celery and beet in this recipe are loaded with heart and muscle-healthy electrolytes, natural sodium and potassium. The yellow beet is also rich in beta carotene and other antioxidant-containing compounds; additionally its greens are also loaded with nutrients like iron, calcium and folate that plays a key role in red blood cell formation.
This juice is refreshing and tangy and can be a great source of nutrients for exercise or simply as a snack replacement (about 10-12 oz for a snack).
Happy Saturday everyone!
- Prep time: 2-3 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 1, 16-20 oz serving
- 1 large yellow beet
- 5-6 beet green stalks (from the top of the beet)- if you don’t have beet greens you can replace with other greens
- 5-6 celery stalks
- 1 apple, core
- 1 lemon (remove the peel for a less tart flavor)
- 1-inch of ginger
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Start by running the beet through the juicer, then the ginger and beet greens; lastly juice the celery, lemon and apple. (Run the harder produce on high speed and the softer produce on a lower speed).