Starting your day in a healthy way with a protein and veggie-packed breakfast is the best thing you can do (in my book!).
This healthy breakfast scramble is one of my favorite food recommendations for anyone who likes to start their day with eggs.
I always use organic eggs because they’re free of hormones and antibiotics- which is very important for overall health. I’ve also loaded this breakfast with veggies to get nutrients, vitamins and minerals into you to start the day (the best way!). Top this breakfast with avocado or serve it with a side of fruit or sprouted whole grain toast and you’re set to go.
Healthy Breakfast Scramble
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole egg (organic)
- 2-3 egg whites (organic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp each:
- 1 handful spinach
- Wash and prepare all of the produce.
- Warm a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and add the oil, allowing it to warm and melt for about 1 minute.
- Once the skillet is hot add the garlic, onion, and tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While the veggies are cooking in the skillet prepare the egg mixture- break the egg and add the whites to a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well mixed- then add salt, pepper and herbs/spices.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring every 2-3 minutes for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook and stir every 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the eggs, plate them and add sliced avocado.
For more breakfast ideas see here!