We love summer salads. They’re light (so they won’t leave you feeling weighed down) but they’re loaded with healthy and tasty ingredients. This salad in particular is made with garden-fresh ingredients (we chose organic ones, and whenever you can, you should too!). This simple recipe is also gluten free, dairy free and vegan as well. And what’s best, is that it can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
There are no rules when it comes to salads and their ingredients, so customize this recipe more to your liking if needed!
Fresh Summer Salad
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 cups (handfuls) of organic mesclun salad (or greens of your choice)
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, diced
- 4-5 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1-2 tbsp. chickpeas
- 1 tsp. pumpkin seeds (or seeds of choice)
- 1 Tbsp of organic olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or balsamic
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare ingredients and mix together in a large salad bowl, or on individual serving plates.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ingredients for dressing until the mixture is homogenous then drizzle over the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
About the author!
Pauline Fitzgerald is a Contributing Writer and Intern here at ISN and we’re so excited to have her working with us! Pauline is a Journalism Major at the University of Alabama and has a great passion for nutrition and wellness. Growing up in an Italian household, Pauline was exposed all types of food, and a healthy balanced lifestyle. Pauline loves to cook, try new recipes and learn about the benefits that each fruit and vegetable holds for the body; she also loves to try new exercise routines, and loves to share her passion!