Easy, healthy dinners are totally up my alley.
On this past Sunday night I wanted to make an easy, yet delicious dinner, so I assembled this easy, yummy taco dinner bowl. In this taco bowl are so many yummy ingredients, that are also good for you. The broccoli is naturally detoxifying (I think we all need this on sundays!), the avocado is anti-inflammatory, the sweet potato fries have skin and collagen-healthy vitamins A and C, the turkey of course has protein (good for immune system, hair and skin cells and more). You can also dress up this dinner in any way you see fit as well!
To make this dinner, I used some pre-made ingredients- like the broccoli slaw was pre-cut and prepared by whole foods, and the sweet potato fries were pre-cut and ready to put in the oven. I love to use easy components like these, because dinner happens faster and easier.
Enjoy this delicious meal!
Taco Dinner Bowl
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes
Makes: 2 bowls
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb ground turkey meat
- Taco seasoning (like Simply Organic taco seasoning- I used 1/2 a packet- about 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small sweet potato, made into fries (bake them at 400 for 20-30 minutes- drizzle a little olive oil, salt and pepper)
- Drizzle with your favorite sauce- hot sauce, dressing or something else!
- Over a medium skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and the carrots- cook for 10 minutes or so or until browned.
- Add the ground turkey, and cook -mixing together about every 5 minutes or so- until browned.
- Add the taco seasoning while mixing and waiting for the turkey to cook.
- While the turkey is cooking on the stovetop, go ahead and prepare and assemble the rest of the ingredients and get them ready to go.
- Once the turkey is cooked, assemble the bowl- the broccoli slaw (or other lettuces, tomato, avocado, sweet potato fries etc)
- Drizzle with a little olive oil or your favorite hot sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!