I love this super delish and easy meal!
These spaghetti squash boats can be made however you like.
We like to make them with the turkey recipe below feel free to eat as is or add in your favorite sauce.
You can make these boats with any sort of sauce you like, as well, such as tomato sauce, pesto, or even taco seasoning work too.
The spaghetti squash itself is a great substitute for pasta and the bowl shape makes it fun and super easy clean up (we all like that, don’t we?).We have some other spaghetti squash recipes too – like this simple whole roasted spaghetti squash and herbs one and this brunch plate recipe too.
Enjoy this yummy, easy dinner recipe! Feel free to reach out with more info on the types of spaghetti squash recipes you like!
Spaghetti Squash Boats
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, halved and scooped out
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the halved squash on a baking sheet face down
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until soft, remove from oven and allow to sit
- While the squash is cooking, heat a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil
- Saute the turkey, add the herbs and spices, continue to saute - 5-10 minutes then simmer (optional add the tomato sauce)
- When the squash is finished, remove and serve the meat mixture inside the boat - then serve!