I really love easy meals, just like this one.
This one pot turkey veggie skillet is a quick and easy go-to for me, especially on super busy days. What I also love about it is that it always makes me leftovers. I love to serve leftovers like those made from this one pot turkey veggie skillet on top of broccoli slaw and shredded carrots as well as some gently steamed kale, yum!
To make it your own, you can also add your own herbs and spices on top- for extra flavor. If you feel like you need more carb, you can also serve on top of roasted sweet potato or your favorite grains- like rice and quinoa as well.
One Pot Turkey Veggie Skillet
- 1 tsp or spray avocado oil
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 whole carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp dairy free cheese (like SO Delicious) optional
- oregano, parsley, hot sauce for serving
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat
- Spray or add oil to the pan
- Add the chopped onion to the pan, stirring every few minutes, cook until slightly browned (3-5 minutes)
- Once the onion is slightly browned and softened, add the ground turkey
- Mixing the turkey through the onion mixture every 3-5 minutes, total of about 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Once the turkey is cooked (almost completely) through, add the carrots and asparagus
- Cover the pan and allow to cook - stirring every 5 minutes- total of 10 minutes or until veggies are soft
- Next add the kale, salt and pepper; cover again and continue to cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the kale is wilted and veggies are soft and cooked
- Once cooked, remove from the stovetop- serve with extra herbs and spices, or dairy free cheese
- Eat or store in the fridge, enjoy as leftovers if you don't eat it all to begin!
Want more recipes like this? Click here!