After about a million times of attempting to make cauliflower pizza crust, I would have to say that this is my closest attempt to perfect. This pizza crust is paleo, gluten-free as well as dairy-free for all your food sensitive people like me. I particularly love this crust because it offers a virtually blank slate for herbs, spices and any flavoring that you want to add–and it’s not overly dense so it won’t leave you feeling like you swallowed a brick (yay for that!).
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Makes: 2 large pies (about 6-8 slices each)
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes (or longer if you are working without a food processor)
- Total time: 45-60 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped and put through food processor
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut, quinoa, or rice flour
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Herbs of your choice- in this recipe I had fresh thyme, sage, and dried basil
Toppings: Note- substitute any of your own toppings!
- 1 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and sauteed
- 16 oz organic, sodium-free tomato sauce
- 4-5 carrots, chopped and sauteed
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sautéed
- 1 lb organic ground turkey cooked
- 2 cups kale
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit; line two large pans with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and put through food processor- alternatively you can use a cheese grater– then put in to medium mixing bowl.
- Add 2 eggs, flour, salt and pepper and herbs and spices all to the mixing bowl and mix until homogenous.
- Pour mixture on top of each pan and flatten using your hands or another piece of parchment paper- note that the crust should be relatively thin (1/2 inch or so) or the crust will become wet; place into oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove pizza crusts from oven and add toppings.
- Turn oven temperature down to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place pizzas back into oven and let cook for approximately 20 minutes or until pizza crust edges are browned and the crust is no longer doughy.
- Add kale or other greens and place pizza back in oven and let cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!