We love comfort food! Except this comfort food has had a healthy makeover!
This easy mushroom risotto is made with cauliflower rice instead of real rice. We love real rice too but it’s nice to have a change of pace. This dish can be used for any main dish, side dish, or snack- and feel free to add cheese too as you like.
Cauliflower is naturally loaded with detoxifying nutrients that help to naturally cleanse your liver, and the mushrooms are immune boosting and great for flavor and extra nutrients. Feel free to add your favorite veggies to this dish to make it your own.
Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
- 1 tsp avocado, olive or coconut oil (or use spray)- divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 heads cauliflower, riced
- 2-2.5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (organic)
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat- add oil spray or oil - allow to warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-7 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, allow to warm before adding the garlic and onion- sauté for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- After the onions and garlic are browned, add the cauliflower, mushrooms, stock , herbs and salt and pepper, cook on medium for 15-20 minutes, then lower heat and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cauliflower is well cooked through and soft, remove from the heat, and add your cheese, then enjoy!