Eggplants are certainly in season, along with some of my other favorite seasonal produce (butternut squash, brussels sprouts and apples!). Eggplants are awesome because they’re super versatile and can be used for a variety of different things- like babaganoush and also like these yummy eggplant chips!
Not only are eggplants useful because they’re in season, but because we’re headed into fall, there will be manyfootball games and fall gatherings coming up, so you’re sure to need some snacks (especially healthy ones!). These chips are flavorful and super easy to make as well, which is always a plus!
Eggplants are a source of anthocyanin- a nutrient that acts as an antioxidant and can also help to reduce inflammation in the body as well.
You can make these easy and healthy chips as a replacement for other less-healthy potato chips, or serve them at an event, or pack in a lunch box!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 1-2 servings
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced extra thin (about ¼ inch per slice)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant extra thin- about ¼ inch per slice.
- Lay the eggplant slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes; be sure to check periodically to make sure that the chips aren’t burning, after 20 minutes.
- Once the corners of the eggplant chips are curled and the chips are browned, remove from oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Like this snack/side? Check out these other awesome snacks: